Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How to walk/run a 40 min mile......


1. Book your mom a really early flight, the earlier the flight the better. My mom had to be up at 3 a.m. to make it on time.

2. Make sure you live at a much higher altitude and throw in a couple of good hills.....

3. Make sure there is a huge temperature difference. San Antonio is still in the 90's, here in the 60's at the time we walked. My poor mom was freezing!

4. Have her give you tips from her running class to go faster while you walk, then tease her because they are not working for her (I know I get the daughter of the year award!).

5. Last but not least, keep each other laughing so hard that it is impossible to even walk!

It was so much fun to have my mom here, our 40 min mile (I really am not exagerating, I am pretty sure that was the slowest 3 mile walk EVER!) was so much fun, it was one of those memories we will talk about for years!


We are all so excited for our 1/2 marathon in a couple of weeks. Actually we all more excited to see each other than for the actual marathon this year.......But, for a Tiffany Necklace at the finish line....I know we can do it! Did I mention the foot and back massages and the manicures and pedicures the day before....Yes, it is a race worth running or walking!

We have matching shirts made, I am wearing mine from last year in the pictures. My sister Luana came up with both last years and this years. I never put last years on here so here it is..

9 women......................................................................6 sisters, Mom, 2 Friends
5 Marathon & 4 Half Marathon Tickets ................$920.00
Hundreds of Phone Calls over 5 States..................Driving our Hubbies Mad
9 Plane Tickets to San Fransisco.............................$2,700.00
2 Hotel Rooms.............................................................$1,432.00
14 New Pair of Shoes..................................................$1,050.00
Black Toenails...............................................................14
Miles Ran........................................................................3,160
Hours spent Crying, Complaining & Wondering what We were Thinking...More than We'll Admit!
Running Together in the Nike Women's Marathon.........................................Priceless