Saturday, January 3, 2009

Who Knew Bowling Was A Dangerous Sport?

For those who don't know the "Bowling" Story.....We hadn't been bowling for a while so we decided to go one Sat afternoon. We walked in picked out our balls and were busy putting shoes on when James starts crying loudly, I look up and I thought he was crying because he had dropped his ball, I ran to get it for him and as I turned to hand it to him there was blood everywhere, Dean ran to get towels and I am trying to find the location of this incredible amount of blood. I finally find it, right under his chin is wide open. So we clean up the mess, you would think the employees would be over there to help (but then I have to remember where I live, I am not sure the floor was sanitized to this day!) The other kids did not even have their shoes on, no bowling ball ever made it down the lane! We ran the other kids home and headed for the ER and they glued James chin shut. We were so relieved they didn't have to use stitches, poor guy was so traumatized all ready. So we got an icecream and headed home. Afew hours later.......We get the kids bathed and as we are getting James ready for be he starts screaming my hand, my hand. So we look at it and his thumb is twice the size it should be. You would think we would have checked him for anything else while we were at the ER. No, Not us!
To shorten my extremely long story He also had a fractured thumb and because of its location he got a full elbow cast. It made his whole day...He thought the cast was so fun and after the swelling went down he got to pick another color. How lucky could one boy be? He already has a
color picked out for the next time..........

2 comments:

Colette said...

Your first post made me feel guilty that we've never taken our kids bowling. This post reminded me why we haven't.

HeatherB said...

Who knew bowling could be so dangerous!!!