Thursday, July 9, 2009

Road Trip Anyone?

We just got back from our big trip this summer. We went to Colo, Wyo, Washington and Idaho. I started out planning a 5 week trip but the kids wanted to be able to hang out with friends this summer so we shortened it to 2 1/2 weeks and then we'll go on a couple more short trips. It was so fun! I was not quite ready to come back yet, to travel with four kids and be ready for more says alot! We decided this year we would do things a little different. We have always been about the experience so we tend to do things in a big way, this year we decided to simplify, I am not sure if it was the simplify or that our kids are at good ages and all travel well but it was a great trip! I'll have to admit that I love to drive, the farther we drive and the more new things we see and experience the happier I am. Being out in the middle of the open road feels so free to me. I love the hours Dean and I get to talk while the kids are entertained by all their electronics and "fun" bags. I am so excited for our next trip, this time it's camping at Bryce Canyon with Deans Sis for the weekend. I will be so sad when this summer is over!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

i was just going to come here and tell you to post about your vacay. lets see some pictures! welcome back!

Charlotte said...

Wow- so much fun and what great memories!